It takes a village: exhibition tour
A series of portraits by Colin Gray explores the idea ‘it takes a village to raise a child’, this time in the context, then it probably takes a village to support a death.
The idea came from interviews by the Scottish Partnership for Palliative Care and the exhibition shares personal insights and experiences from a range of people who have cared for someone who is dying.
It Takes a Village is touring venues across Scotland during Death Awareness Week Scotland.
- Ayrshire Hospice: 9 – 16 May
- Biggart Hospital, Prestwick: 9-16 May Carnegie Library, Ayr, 9-16 May
- Crosshouse University Hospital, Kilmarnock, 9-16 May
- East Ayrshire Community Hospital, Cumnock: 9-16 May Irvine Library: 9-16 May
- Girvan Community Hospital: 9 -13 May
- University Hospital Ayr: 9-13 May
- Dumfries & Galloway
- Dumfries and Galloway Royal Infirmary: 9 May – 10 June
- Queen Margaret Hospital: 12-13 May
- University of Dundee – Kirkcaldy Campus: 12-13 May
- Victoria Hospital Foyer: 9-10 May
- St Giles Centre, Elgin: 9-14 May
Glasgow & Clyde
- The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice: 9-15 May
- Possilpark Health & Care Centre: 9-15 May
- The Atrium, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital: 9-16 May
- St Margaret of Scotland Hospice: 9-27 May
- Kilbryde Hospice: 9-16 May
- St Andrew’s Hospice: 9- 15 May
- Marie Curie Hospice, Edinburgh 9 -17 May
- Various other venues to be confirmed: 9 – 20 May
- Queen Margaret University, 9-13 May
- University of Dundee – Dundee Campus: 9 -10 May
- University of Dundee – Dalhousie Reception Gallery: 11 -14 May
The BIG Conversation
The #Big Conversation – talking about life and death – is the theme for Dying Matters Awareness Week 2016. Find out about Final Fling’s Big Conversation workshops and Ask the Expert sessions on Mon 9 May for Dying Matters Awareness Week.