6 months after its launch, in September 2012, Final Fling won the title for Most Outstanding Contribution to Understanding Death at the Good Funeral Awards 2012.
THE Joy of Death Festival and Good Funeral Awards 2012 have become something of an institution for the alternative, campaigning end of the industry. They will take place again this year in September in Bournemouth.
We like to think we were nominated because we work hard to reach new audiences and spread the word:
- We provide a free and friendly 200 page website covering everything you need to know about death and dying
- We provide free accounts to manage end of life plans
- We’re interviewed regularly by the media about why both personalisation and choice matter
- We’re very active on social media, spreading the word with thousands of followers
- We blog every week (once a week is plenty!)
- We provide a free Life Support newsletter to thousands of subscribers
- We have 5 star rated website that reached over 300,000 hits by 2013
- We launched Scotland’s first Death Cafe and produced Scotland’s first Day of the Dead Festival in 2013
- We presented at Bath University’s international conference on the Commodification of Death & Dying in 2013
- We helped launch the UK’s newest model natural burial ground at Clandon Wood in Surry in 2013
- We present at the Good Funeral Awards in September
- We train NHS and others in media relations relating to end of life.
- We work with Councils and community planning partnerships on end of life care.