- This event has passed.
Staying Ahead of Changing Trends in Funerals
October 5, 2016£250
Staying ahead of changing trends in Funerals
In our experience as funeral directors specializing in contemporary funerals (around half of our funerals are for people under 70) the funeral choices and process of those born after 1940 are often different to those of more elderly clients. There are clear trends. It is for this reason that we believe funerals are going to change rapidly over the next 10 years and funeral directors will need to keep up with the change if they are going to continue to thrive.
This is not just a case of providing different products such as cars and coffins. It requires a different set of attitudes and how to go about things. No longer will people be satisfied to fit in with the norms of funerals. The role of the funeral director will be, in the words of one university researcher, “a guide for the self-organisation of the bereaved, based on creativity and improvisation, enabling persons to practice rituals or to behave in ways in keeping with their culture and lifestyle.” This type of role is complex and needs new knowledge, skills and resources.
This one day course will cover:
- Changing trends in funerals – the future of funerals
- The role, qualities and attitudes of the modern funeral practitioner
- Funeral ceremonies and how they are changing
- Different styles of funeral and the resources needed to deliver them
- Funerals for different circumstances (young people, suicide, sudden death)
- Green funerals and green issues
- Management issues arising from more complex funerals.