- This event has passed.
Doing Death Differently conference – FULLY BOOKED
November 7, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This is an afternoon event for anyone who is interested in re-visioning the way we do death in our society. We will be warmly welcoming people from all backgrounds: members of the public, health professionals, counsellors policy makers, academics, end of life doulas, soul midwives, educators, artists, clergy, funeral directors, celebrants and more.
Keynote Speaker, Professor Allan Kellehear
Allan has conducted major sociological and social psychological research on the human experience of dying. In the UK the Department of Health, the NHS in England, the NHS in Scotland, the National Council for Palliative Care and the major charity Help the Hospices, have adopted these ideas in their current end of life care policies.
Allan will be joined by Barbara Chalmers from Final Fling; Louise, wife of David; Peter, father of Freya; Hermione Elliott, LWDW Director; Anna Ledgard, doula and arts coordinator; Mary Clear & Sue Robinson, doula’s and Pushing up Daisies, Todmorden.
- The human experience of dying – inspiring examples of a positive approach to death and dying.
- Patient or Person? Making choices – keeping sight of what is important.
- Bringing death back home – empowering families to care for their dying.
- Facilitating personal and social change so that death is normalised and accepted as a personal and community responsibility.
- End of life doula’s and what they offer as a different way of being with the dying.
The Conference is fully booked. So sorry to disappoint. If you would like to be added to a waiting list for a cancellation place, please contact us at 01273 933 115. Email us to be added to our database for news of future events.