As an ethos, we’d rather promote the rock’n’roll, Je Ne Regrette Rien approach to life. To help with this, we can learn from others.
Bronnie Ware has worked with many people in the last 3-12 weeks of life and has collated a Top 5 based on the most common expressions of regret from patients:
- “I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.”
- “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.”
- “I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.”
- “I wish I’d stayed in touch with my friends.”
- “I wish I’d let myself be happier.”
There are many more insights in Bronnie Ware’s book.