I’m hoping that you’re reading this because your top New Year’s Resolution 2018 is to sort out end of life plans. Whether you’re contemplating it, making a start or have plans underway, Final Fling is here to help.
None of us know for sure when the end will come, so best to be prepared – whatever stage of life you’re at. You may just like to be in control (as far as we’re ever able). You may have dependents to think about. You may want to take any financial burden off family.
Just as you start paying for your pension when you’re a young adult and take out life insurance as you get a bit older, end of life planning makes sense to give you choice and control over important decisions that might affect your health, finances and legal rights in the longer term.
It’s sensible to plan and surprisingly, it can be good fun.
Kickstarting your New Year’s Resolution 2018
Here’s how to get going.
Here are 5 other ways we can support you in upholding your New Year’s Resolution 2018:
- Too Busy To Die: if you like a break from the computer, get a copy of our quick read 7-step guide to end of life planning.
- Death Cafes: we hold Death Cafes roughly once a quarter – mostly in Scotland but also by invitation – like when we hosted around 50 folk at a Death Cafe at Cheltenham Literature Festival. Sign up for our Death Cafe mailing list to get alerts when new Death Cafes are open to book. Friendly, informal, gatherings, they are free to attend.
- Death Meet-Ups: we hold other get-togethers from time to time to explore end of life – sometimes for research, sometimes with particular topics of interest to Flingers, like legal and financial planning.
- Absent Friends Supper: this is an annual event in Scotland in November (between All Saints Day – or Day of the Dead – and Remembrance Sunday). Sign up for our Absent Friends mailing list to get alerts about future events.
- Final Fling funeral plan: our funeral plan is the most flexible and best value around. It’s delivered by Open Prepaid funerals, so your savings are financially secure and ensure you get what you want at the best price.
Browse our Welcome page to get more inspiration and ideas.
Let’s sort that New Year’s Resolution 2018 together!