THE THING ABOUT FUNERALS IS… (part II)
July 7 @ 12:00 pm - July 8 @ 4:00 pm
Gallery 1, Gallery of Modern Art, Glasgow
part of Marlie Mul’s May-Oct exhibition.
Fri 7 Jul 12-4pm and Sat 8 Jul 11-4pm
Final Fling is delighted to have been accepted to take part in an exhibition at Glasgow’s Gallery of Modern Art called ‘This Exhibition Has Been Cancelled’. We’ll be exploring funerals, why we have them, what’s changing and find out whether they deliver what we need. It’s a free-form drop-in event – exhibition, exploration, provocation.
Barbara Chalmers, Founder of Final Fling, (who also conducts funerals and weddings as a celebrant with A Quiet Revolution) will start each day with a short ceremony. The evocative event will also feature work by artist Melanie Sims, creator of The Lost Sister and The Memorandum Series.
Who should attend:
– anyone who’s interested in life and understanding the meaning of life
– members of the public who are curious about end of life decisions
– health and care professionals with an interest in end of life care
– celebrants and funeral directors
– artists, makers, writers and performers who reflect on life and death in their work
Join us over the two days. Each day and each afternoon kicks off with a short ceremony.
12noon – 4pm Fri 7 Jul
11am – 4pm Sat 8 Jul
No need to book. Just drop in.
NOTE: don’t be put off if you arrive at GOMA and see huge posters saying This Exhibition is Cancelled… that is the name of the show! Be reassured, events happening in the space till October.
Final Fling exhibition supported by Fosters Funeral Directors
- July 7 @ 12:00 pm
- July 8 @ 4:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Conversation, Death Salon, End of life planning, Exhibition, Funeral planning, Living & Dying Well
- Event Tags:
- Final Fling, funerals, Gallery of Modern Art Glasow, GOMA, Marlie Mul
- Final Fling
- Gallery of Modern Art
Royal Exchange Square
Glasgow, United Kingdom + Google Map