- This event has passed.
Managing the Funeral Process
October 3, 2016 - October 4, 2016| £450
Managing the Funeral Process ( 2 days)
This module is a much deeper look into the many procedures behind the scenes of a funeral and builds on the foundation of our Funeral Arranger’s course. It provides the detail of processing a family’s requirements in order to create exactly the funeral they want on the day.
The course covers the procedures necessary to bring a funeral to fruition, from first contact with the family to sending out the final invoice and collecting payment. There are many aspects to a funeral. You are given detail covering a comprehensive list of eventualities and choices.
Supporting your work with robust business practises, lends confidence and efficiency to a whole host of decisions which much be made within a very short time frame.
On the course you will be provided with information and given activities which engage and embed the learning. You will have a comprehensive manual to take away and refer back to.
This 2 day course will cover:
- The procedures when someone dies
- The role of the coroner and associated authorities
- Office procedures and staffing
- Liaising with other departments
- Forms and paperwork
- Flowers, Death Notices, Music
- Making bookings and arrangements
- Liaising with families
- Burial and Cremation regulations
- Paying for the funeral (Social Fund and Bereavement Benefits)
- Pricing and invoicing
- Donation administration
- After the funeral
- Completing the relationship with the family
- Support services
- Repatriation from abroad