- This event has passed.
Fling’s BIG Conversation: Final Fling event for Dying Matters Awareness Week
May 9, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFREE (donations)
Final Fling is holding a BIG Conversation event: two workshops and two drop-in advice sessions, to celebrate Dying Matters Awareness Week.
The Big Conversation is the theme of Dying Matters Awareness Week 2016. The point is to encourage people to talk, think and plan with end of life in mind. We’re doing our bit.
FLING’S BIG CONVERSATION
Monday 9 May :: 10am-1pm FREE
“Like a Death Cafe with bells on”
Kinning Park Complex, Cornwall Street, Glasgow G41 1BA
WORKSHOPS 10-12 noon
Drop in session over 2 hours. Demo and chat about Final Fling’s free online tools:
- Memory Box to capture and share important photos, film clips, stories
- Wishes to leave instructions and wishes ‘in the event’
- Safe Deposit Box to share the 20 essential documents next of kin need
- Bucket List to make sure you live life to the full
Two hour workshop from 10am-12noon.
- If you died, would your partner/child be able to access your accounts?
- Would they know what had been precious to you?
- Would they have a clear guide to your wishes at the end?
DROP-IN SESSIONS: 10-1pm
- FINANCIAL PLANNING with Lynn Burns, Suddenly Single Money
- LEGAL ESSENTIALS with Hilary Peppiette, Allan McDougall Solicitors
FREE TO ATTEND … PLEASE BOOK A PLACE ON EVENTBRITE
(Kinning Park Complex is the old school opposite Kinning Park Underground: enter at rear)
- May 9, 2016
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- FREE (donations)
- Event Categories:
- Death Cafe, End of life planning, Workshop
- Event Tags:
- 10 Things to do on Final Fling, Allan McDougall Solicitors, Awareness Week, Barbara Chalmers, Big Conversation, Death Cafe, Dying Matters, Hilary Peppiette, Jane Duncan Rogers, Kinning Park, Kinning Park Complex, Lynn Burns
- Final Fling