End of life planning is our own responsibility
1 in 4 of us die an unpredictable death. That means 3 out of 4 of us see it coming.
Final Fling wants to help you deal pragmatically with the fact that in reality, we all know it’s coming.
We want to provide information, help you make choices, record those choices and share them.
Think about this. If you were to die tomorrow, would you be sure you’d done all the things you wanted to do, said all the things you wanted to say, shared your secrets (or covered your tracks), left meaningful tokens and messages of appreciation to the people that matter? If not, start a free Final Fling account and get planning. It’s easy to do and can be moving and uplifting.
Why plan for end of life?
An Age UK survey shows we all agree we should plan and the Top 3 reasons are:
- To save family the burden.
- For peace of mind
- Because we’re all going to die!
The benefits of end of life planning
See Final Fling’s short film to hear about the benefits of planning ahead.
Watch this excellent film by Dying Matters to see the benefits of thinking ahead and planning:
Why we don’t prepare
Despite the clear need to plan, Final Fling’s survey of users in 2013 shows most hadn’t done as much planning as they’d like. Here’s why:
- “It never feels urgent” (I’ll get to it next week syndrome)
- “I never have enough time”
- “I’m not sure what I want”
Not a single person who replied thought death was a taboo, so it’s good to know that’s not holding us back.
Final Fling is designed to help with end of life planning. We aim to support by:
- normalising death and tackling fear of death and dying
- providing information to build knowledge about the options
- showing the value of planning
- advising on legal and financial ‘musts’
Start your Final Fling planning account.