These are the Top 3 reasons for planning, according to Age UK:
- Save family the burden.
- Peace of mind
- We’re all going to die!
Final Fling’s survey of users shows why we’re a bit rubbish:
- It never feels urgent – I’ll get to it tomorrow, next week
- I never have enough time
- I’m not sure what I want.
One good thing, not a single person was fazed by the thought of planning because they found death a taboo.
See our short film to hear about the benefits of planning ahead.
- fear of death and dying
- lack of knowledge about the options
- not knowing when death will occur; not urgent
- more pressing financial priorities
- superstition: “tempting fate” “if I plan it’ll jinx me”, “making a Will is asking for it”
- denial: “it’ll never happen to me”
- concern that it can’t be done without high legal or other fees
- don’t have anything worth leaving
Exactly. Rubbish reasons.